Canon 1014 XL-S new!!!! in original box!!! for swap

Viktor Gibarti

Hi Viktor,

I definitely wish I had an R10 to trade you. Didn't mean to pick on you, but it seemed like a silly idea.

I'll gladly buy our 1014 from you, if you want. Then you can buy an R10 off ebay.

PM me with your price.

Dave

I am a collector and looking for a Nikon R10 in original box! And would like to swap my canon 1014 xl-s, becouse i have got two!! May be i will put on ebay...

The R10 and 1014 XL-S are two fine cameras and neither is 'better' than the other, if you ask me. I've used both extensively and I do actually believe the R10 gives me better results in low light. It also seems more robust as far as build quality. I tend to be very very careful when using the 1014 XL-S for fear of snapping the plastic switches used for exposure, etc.

David, good luck finding a usable R10 for under $100. That's just not possible. At that kind of price it'll be a paper weight.

Edited by Matt Stevens

The R10 and 1014 XL-S are two fine cameras and neither is 'better' than the other, if you ask me. I've used both extensively and I do actually believe the R10 gives me better results in low light. It also seems more robust as far as build quality. I tend to be very very careful when using the 1014 XL-S for fear of snapping the plastic switches used for exposure, etc.

David, good luck finding a usable R10 for under $100. That's just not possible. At that kind of price it'll be a paper weight.

Hi Matt,

You are right. I was definitely wrong about the value of the Nikon R10. Further research seems to indicate that it is a much better machine than I originally gave it credit for. I'd still take the 1014 XL-S, but I see the pont now.

• 4 weeks later...