Sign in to follow this  
Will Montgomery

Super 8 on Kodak's YouTube Channel

Agreed. There is so much outstanding Super8 footage out there that I cannot fathom why Kodak does not use some of it to make the point that 8mm is a viable format to shoot on.

Sorry to be a hater but that's pretty ordinary.

My intention is not to offend anybody, specially the filmmakers, but non synchronized images with the lyrics give the impression of amateur work right away. I don’t think that Kodak benefits from this kind of work.

Thats a very bad ad. for Super 8 ! Kodak just dont have a clue.

In my opinion, this kind of advertising sends the wrong information. It tells people that Super 8 film is just for beginner filmmakers. Filmmakers whose skills are in the early stages of experimentation let the camera do all the important work for them. The internal light meter decides what aperture is used and when to change it. The result is a less pleasant experience for the viewer.

I might be just a dreamer but I think that Super 8 can be used as a professional medium; it is up to us to treat it like that.

Beautiful women and Super 8 go well together. We should gather these together and send to Kodak so they can wake up and promote the format with these amazing productions.

If you want to make Super8 look good, shoot some and give it to Freddy van de Putte to transfer, who does some of the most astonishing work I've ever seen with super8 transfers.

Similarly, a while ago someone managed to shoot some slow super8 neg and put it on a Spirit with the rare 8mm gate; of course, it can be made to look startlingly good.

I do wonder if some of the people who want super8 are specifically into it for the sake of the, well, grunginess, though, so it might not always be about polishing it up.