ECLAIR ACL s16mm PACKAGE

jeroenvanderpoel

Iam willing to sell my Eclair acl s16mm camera and lots of extra's.

The package contains:

* Eclair acl s16mm configured by Les Bosher

* 2* 400ft mags

* multiorientatable viewfinder

* 2 small batteries whcih will run over hours and hours even on 75 fps

* battery charger

* crystal sync motor (24fps 25fps 50fps 75 fps)

* pistol handheld grip with start button

* CA Mount

* Arri st. Mount

* Pl MOUNT

* cooke kinetal 17.5 mm t2.0

* cooke kinetal 25mm t2

* A Hardcover CASE for 2 mags the camera, batteries and lenses (and room for some more stuff..)

The camera is recently checked by Edwin Schouten (etkon.com) and everything is fluently working

and in perfect condition, I shot kilometers of film on it and never had any problems.

I will sell the whole package for 2200 euro excluding shipping cost.

I live in Amsterdam, and if you have any good reasonable offer just give me a pm.

I will put the camera and lenses up for auction on ebay in two weeks.

This weekend I will photograph the whole package... If you already want some nice on set photos of this camera just pm me!

Edited by jeroenvanderpoel

The camera is recently checked by Edwin Schouten (etkon.com)....

Hey Jeroen,

I'm trying to help collect names of ACL service technicians for the useful database.

Are there others at ETKON as well?

Does Edwin or ETKON have the experience and equipment for major overhauls?

Cheers, Gregg.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

Hey Gregg,

Edwin Schouten from Etkon, used to have 30 eclairs back in the 80s in service contract,

so he has enough knowledge.

But hes more a 35mm cam guy, so his core business is overhauling 35mm cams, and digital, creating all kinds of mounts,

and he builded his own steadycam model which sells pretty damm good!

greets

Jeroen

Jeroen,

Thanks for that info.

What batteries are you using? Type (NiMhi / Lipo....), Voltage, Ah?

Cheers,

Gregg

Hey Gregg,

I have to do some research to answer your question properly.

So far iam concerned I know that the older batteries will drop very fast under the voltage which hey need to provide,

I work with batteries which my father provided me, And we did some test even on 75 frames per second,

and on 75fps it wont drop under the normal voltage before you reach your 5th 400 ft can of film.

But as you see my knowledge about batteries is not really promising :)

The batteries are about 4*4*10cm in size and we have a small pocket were they fit in which you can snap to your belt...

Hi Jeroen,

Is the PL-mount adapter a c-mount type or the ACL external thread mount (I think it is called TS mount)? Would you consider selling it seperately?

Regards,

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

The large thread on a acl2 is called a CS MOUNT the PL will fit directly on this beautifull and easy going mount.

Iam not willing to sell this part seperatly because I feel that this package which I offer will fit all the needs for a indie filmmaker,

You can work with ultraprimes, or go vintage with the cooke kinetals (which have a really nice contrast, color matting et, bookeh, and which will remain sharp at t2.0,)

Maybe Iam wrong, but working with such a package gave me as a filmmaker numerous options to shoot low budget stuff with a high end look, and its a collections, and seperatly all the parts are not worth anything (except the cookes which will sell around 900 per prime on ebay)

Hi Jeroen,

Is the PL-mount adapter a c-mount type or the ACL external thread mount (I think it is called TS mount)? Would you consider selling it seperately?

Regards, Daniel

Daniel,

I've been tracking ACL gear on eBay for a while. A PL to ACL mount adapter sold recently quite cheap. Needed a new threaded ring, the one that goes on the camera flange, or some skill to fix it (thought it was called TS mount on the ACL). Was stainless but I didn't recognise it. I sold an unbranded one on ebay for about $280 maybe a year ago, aluminium apart from the rear part that sits on the camera flange. So if you can ge patient they do come up. I have a Les Bosher one, beatifully desgned and made, stainless steel in all the right places, but they are 380 pound ($620 approx) Maybe someone like the Linoptik man could make a good one cheap if you are in a hurry.

Thanks for the private message re batteries. Don't worry, we may clog Jeroen's thread but we are usefully bumping it up the board (smiling).

PS: Thanks Jeroen, for the battery information.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

Daniel,

I've been tracking ACL gear on eBay for a while. A PL to ACL mount adapter sold recently quite cheap. Needed a new threaded ring, the one that goes on the camera flange, or some skill to fix it (thought it was called TS mount on the ACL). Was stainless but I didn't recognise it. I sold an unbranded one on ebay for about $280 maybe a year ago, aluminium apart from the rear part that sits on the camera flange. So if you can ge patient they do come up. I have a Les Bosher one, beatifully desgned and made, stainless steel in all the right places, but they are 380 pound ($620 approx) Maybe someone like the Linoptik man could make a good one cheap if you are in a hurry.

Thanks for the private message re batteries. Don't worry, we may clog Jeroen's thread but we are usefully bumping it up the board (smiling).

PS: Thanks Jeroen, for the battery information.

The Pl Mount iam using is a Les Bosher Pl which fits on the large thread of the ACL is Called a CS Mount.

The Prices you have mentioned are kind of right. If you need A Pl Mount ask Les bosher, hes quiet fast, the last time it took him 2 weeks...