The anatomy of a Cinematographer

PANASONICDVX100

"I wanna believe in a cinematography forum that is free

Free of political opinions, free of religious ideals, free for minorities and whites

Free for women and men, free for low budgets and big budgets--& free of ads"

Oh sure, take all the fun out of an on-line forum.

Lenses, film stock, lighting techniques...Booooooooring :D

Richard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""This project is a Christian film that God has sent me to produce.""

Abilify -- 15mg

Lamictal -- 100mg

If God's still "talking to you" (LMAO. You creepy psycho.) after you take these, go make your damn movie.

Hell (that's right. HELL), I'll even watch it myself.

""I agree but Christianity is NOT a religion but a relationship.""

With who?

Jesus Christ, AKA, the most famous Jewish Rabbi of all time who taught and preached Judaism?

Go to a synagogue.

(and take that morbid cross with the tormented dead guy off of your neck... unless of course THAT'S what Christianity is to you. Revenge.)

Rodrigo,

What exactly are you asking? A quote? That seems a lot for two days... Are you putting together a production yourself?

Chris

Not asking for a quote actually. Just wanted to know if hiring a DP under these circumstances would be realistic or not.

I understand hiring a student cinematographer would cost me less, of course, but was not only taking into account the possibility of having a ?professional look? but also (and mainly) the possibility of learning from a guy with some years of experience.

I?ve been working on a script for a short-movie but believe will be ready just by the end of the year. Have been putting a lot of effort into it, among other things because it?s gonna be my first experience as a director (I have some experience as a writer)

But, as some people have mentioned before, the way I see this DP x director relationship is more like a collaborative atmosphere rather than a ?hey, do what I say? kind of thing.

Cheers,

Rodrigo