"COWARD" online

Guest Stephen Murphy

Guest Stephen Murphy

Matthew - I'm not sure what your actual experience is like so I don't know what you're basing your statements on. In my experience ultra low budget features aren't always a good gamble either. There are literally thousands and thousands of ultra low budget (i.e 150k ish) features without distribution. Spend some time at Cannes or any other film market and you'll see sales agents trying to package them with other features - it's quite an eye opener. I've shot 2 of them myself. No one sees them. It's always a gamble and you're still spending the same money. Just because its feature length doesn't mean you'll sell it, even if its just to DVD or tv.

And this HAS done more for the people involved then an ultra low budget feature would have.

• Premium Member

Wow. That was horrifying. Really great work all around. I luved the overall underexposed and desaturated look of the exteriors. Like Phil said, it really made those fires pop with color and heat, but it also provided some very nice (almost) silhouettes against the sky. Also some very nice "scope" compositions. The writing, performances, and cinematography were all top notch. Thanks for sharing.