Has anyone experienced this??? We have two C300's (one PL the other EF) where the cameras resets itself, and loses all of the custom settings loaded onto the camera. I've found (through vigorous searching, frustration, beating my head against the wall, then finally reading the Op Manual) that the cameras internal battery charges every time that it is plugged into house power, but our C300's are rarely plugged into house power!!! So My ultimate question of the day is: Other than keeping the cameras hooked up to house power, what would YOU do?

Thats really curious. We have two C300's that have had heavy use with internal batts, externals batts and power supplies and have never had that issue. Do you keep the SD card with the settings in the camera? Maybe ours are reloading the data and we dont know it.

Yes I do keep the SD card in the cameras, I haven't heard from canon if that affects the camera, but I'm hoping that simply removing the card is the easiest solution!!!

Hi Sean

I'm having this same problem. I've kept the camera plugged into mains for 2 days and it still resets after I remove an external battery for a few minutes. Did you find out the cause/fix for this?