Question about me eligibility for Local 600

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question, I'm looking to join the union down the line as as 1st AC or Camera Operator.

Tricky part is, I have more paid days as DP than both AC and Camera Operator.

Here is the scenario, I had a full time job working for an official documentary company financed by the city of los angeles for over two years. All my paper work for those two years at the company say my title was "Cinematographer" and I worked in over 15 documentary as the DP, and of course all of the days were paid (over $100/day as well)

In total, I have well over 200 days as DP paid job on documentaries, and all they pay stubs to prove it as well.

So my question is, in that case, will I be eligible to join the union as DP then?

Now, If I am, I wouldn't attempt to join or even do so, because lets be real, I won't get any jobs as DP on union stuff nor do I think i have the experience to do so. (unless its documentary of course). I'm racking up Camera Op paid days and thats eventually what I would like to join as.

But i'd just want to know if you guys think I would actually be eligible if showed up with all that official paper work of paid DP days from an official company?

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question, I'm looking to join the union down the line as as 1st AC or Camera Operator.

Tricky part is, I have more paid days as DP than both AC and Camera Operator.

Here is the scenario, I had a full time job working for an official documentary company financed by the city of los angeles for over two years. All my paper work for those two years at the company say my title was "Cinematographer" and I worked in over 15 documentary as the DP, and of course all of the days were paid (over $100/day as well)

In total, I have well over 200 days as DP paid job on documentaries, and all they pay stubs to prove it as well.

So my question is, in that case, will I be eligible to join the union as DP then?

Now, If I am, I wouldn't attempt to join or even do so, because lets be real, I won't get any jobs as DP on union stuff nor do I think i have the experience to do so. (unless its documentary of course). I'm racking up Camera Op paid days and thats eventually what I would like to join as.

But i'd just want to know if you guys think I would actually be eligible if showed up with all that official paper work of paid DP days from an official company?

I guess it would be wise if you chose to focus your energy on one thing, DP, AC, Op. jumping around makes you look like you're in it to make whatever you can.

Just because you join the union as a DP doesn't mean you'll score projects as one (as per your post). a lot of union members seem to work their way up from the bottom (as they should) but it doesn't mean that DP's don't come out of the woodwork without previous camera experience in a different capacity; at least this is what my father explained to me.