How do I light this room with three redhead lights?

You can light it however you like, that's where the artistry of being a cinematographer comes in. Before you start asking "how am I going to light this?" you should be wondering, "what am I trying to achieve?" What reason do you have to light? Is it a long scene that needs to maintain continuity? Is there supposed to be light coming from the door? Do you want it to look natural? Maybe you don't even need to light it? People have shot with natural light for decades.

If you need a little more guidance it would be helpful to explain what you want, the story or scene and, you know, the time of day...

Edited by Greg Boris
  • Upvote 1

What's wrong with how it is lit?

What's the look?

What's the story?

What does your director go for in this scene?

And do NOT worry, it will look great anyway (it's on film!) (( :D))

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by Phil Soheili

I like it back lit with natural light, but I'd prefer to shoot at higher aperture so the window wasn't quite so blown out and the reflection wasn't quite so intense on the wall.

The story is about a man who collects dead animals from people's homes, the actor will be pulling a dead raccoon out of the attic.

I like it back lit with natural light, but I'd prefer to shoot at higher aperture so the window wasn't quite so blown out and the reflection wasn't quite so intense on the wall.

The story is about a man who collects dead animals from people's homes, the actor will be pulling a dead raccoon out of the attic.

There's not enough information so only generic responses are possible. It's as though you're asking the cinematographers to invent their own idea or narrative. The film maker, whoever has primary authership of the idea needs to develop that enough that there is a clear sense of the form, the feeling. If there is a problem with the development of idea and form one can ask about that. If there is a problem with how to achieve a form, a look or a feeling one can ask about that.