Wine Commercial test shots

• Premium Member

Hello all,

I am looking for feedback as to ways in which I can improve these test shots. This cut is obviously nowhere near what the final piece would be, but the look will remain relatively consistent throughout the piece. For improvements, I am thinking I should brighten the highlight on the bottle in the second shot and throw a softbox above the hand for a proper exposure. Also, the color and detail in the wine glass gets lost as more wine is poured so I'm thinking of dimming up on a hotter head to fix that issue. What are your thoughts and comments? What is working for you and what isn't? Am I thinking along the right path for improvements?

Thanks,

Michael

https://vimeo.com/58032722

• Premium Member

Any suggestions? The product shot at the end is very desaturated and has very little contrast. I'm wondering if there are any menu/picture profile settings or tools (such as filters) that you would recommend to help alleviate this problem (shot on sony fs100). During production I exposed for a f4 and overexposed the silk behind the table at f16. Should I have maintained this detail and brought it up in post? Any thoughts or comments?

Cheers

-Michael

• 2 weeks later...