Arri SR2 Bayonet Adjustment Tools

Will Montgomery

• Premium Member

I'm seeing tons of Arri SR equipment on eBay these days but not the tools to make adjustments. Does anyone have the proper tools for adjusting flange depth available for sale or gift?

I have a good friend who is a qualified Arri tech but no longer has the tools to make the adjustments.

• Premium Member

Hi Will,

adjusting the bayonet mount flange depth is pretty simple, an adjustable lens wrench would do, or machine a basic tool out of an aluminium cylinder. Measuring the flange depth is what requires specific tools: a depth gauge with a 52.00mm zeroing block and a backing plate to fit in the gate. Or access to a bench collimator. It might be simpler (and cheaper) to get a rental house to do it, should take 15 minutes. Checking the ground glass depth is also important, which needs a collimator if you want it accurately set.

Here's a pic of the Arri tools anyway:

sriitools.jpg

• Premium Member

Thanks again Dom. He has the depth measuring tool and the little blocking thing you set against the gate but not the wrench. It may be that he just hasn't done it in a long while. I'm having my Zeiss 10-100 looked at and the same place will adjust the flange depth for next to nothing at the same time.