Hague D7 Tracker

Gary Lemson

...the Hague dolly is the PVC track isnt particually stable - not sure I'd be keen to ride it.

Thanks...point well taken.

Indeed, saw the Indie Dolly, too. I’m also considering Mathews or Black Bear doorway hybrids. Sheesh! This equipment gets pricey.

• 4 weeks later...

The Indie Dolly definitely looks the more solid of the 2 (I have no experience with either)

If you are looking for a dolly only for track, why not consider buying skateboard trays (the kind we sit a proper dolly on) and using a 1 inch thick ply board on it. It will be really smooth, you can mount anything on it, and it costs about the same as these other dollies.

http://www.willyswidgets.com/products/camera-dolly-32-wheel-channel-dolly-complete/

• 5 weeks later...

Haven't used the tracker dolly, but my only problem with the Indy dolly is that you can't ride on it. Makes it very difficult to operate complicated moves. It is pretty smooth for simple tracking shots though.

You can ride the Indi-Dolly, however its not the most stable feeling in the world. When I use it, I do tend to stand most of the time.