Locam ii Issue

Lucien Xavier

Hello All,

I purchased a locam ii recently, and have been learning how the bad boy works for a little while now. With that said, one issue I'm having is with the aperture plate of the camera.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the aperture plate out of the body. I've consulted the manual, which says to retract the pulldown claws and register pins, then to grasp the two knobs on the plate and pull straight outwards. I retract the register pins and the pulldown claws by using the film threading knob on the outside of the camera to get the pulldown claws out of the way, then I turn the register pin retract knob 90 degree clockwise, and pull the pressure plate back, and the aperture plate doesn't budge.

Any ideas why? Am I doing the wrong things to get the register pins and pulldown claws out of the way?

Thanks for anything,

Luc

post-60341-0-37453000-1363043294_thumb.jpg

It's been a while, but there is a definite knack to the Locam. I remember sometimes being unable to reload. Then I picked up a wrinkle for it. Unhelpfully I can't remember what it was. Are you having trouble loading? It's the same thing, register pins not retracted.

Sorry but all I can suggest is systematic practice.

Does this help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTHHLFDSebs

Edited by Mark Dunn

It's been a while, but there is a definite knack to the Locam. I remember sometimes being unable to reload. Then I picked up a wrinkle for it. Unhelpfully I can't remember what it was. Are you having trouble loading? It's the same thing, register pins not retracted.

Sorry but all I can suggest is systematic practice.

Does this help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTHHLFDSebs

Hey Mark, Thanks for the reply.

I've seen that video, and while it is insightful, unfortunately it doesn't help me. I haven't tried to load it yet. I'm still taking the camera apart and messing with the pressure and aperture plates. My issue isn't loading as much as it is just getting the aperture plate out. Around 1:47 of that video the fellow pulls the plate out no problem, I'm sure I've got the pulldown pins out of the way, and I think the register pins are out of the way as well, but unfortunately it doesn't pull out. It's driving me insane.