Zeiss CP2 lenses on a T3i/600d

Hey,

I'am about to shoot a short, and planning on renting a set of zeiss cp2 lenses. One thing is still not very clear to me, even though I scanned the internet for examples and reviews, I just can't find any examples of cp2's on a t3i or a t2i. Full of them on the 5D but I can't really consider it as a benchmark, since the 5D is a full sensor, and mine is not. I just want to know how much of a difference they will make in sharpness and "better quality" of my image(not the look and feeling), compared to lenses I own myself ( Canon 50mm 1.4, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, etc, mostly the cheaper lenses on the market). Any info would be nice.

Thanks Seba

Those cameras don't have true hd resolution , so even if you put master primes on those, you will not see any improvement on image sharpness and resolution. Tokina lenses should be more than enough for shooting video on dslrs. Also, I consider t3is and 7ds as full frame, because it is pretty much the same size as super 35 film cameras. 5d is more like 8perf vistavision. 5d is full frame in stills.

Yea, I agree w Adrian that cine lenses have great advantages over stills in terms of focus pulling etc. What I meant with my previous post was solely on two lenses' differences on a Canon in terms of resolution, sharpness etc. One of the biggest advantage of cine lenses is that those have detailed focus marks and long barrel rotation. If you have to work w stills lenses I.e. Canon or Rokinon etc, just put a white tape on the lens and tape measure various distances. And then, write down those distances on the white tape with a fine-tipped pen.