Hand processing

tom kirkman

Hi,

This is my first post on here and I am pretty new to 16mm cinematography. Today I processed my first lot of black and white film, kodak surveillance WL 2210 which I bought from ebay, the results were a bit ropey and inconsistent. I processed it at my uni where we only have ID-11 chemistry but I can only find specs and times for processing this film using D-76 chemistry which from what I have read online is basically kodaks version of ID-11 but on the ilford process chart the times for the two are about 2 minutes diffrent depending on the iso at which you have shot. does anyone know if I should just follow the D-76 times but with ID-11 or if there is a equation to work out the correct time I need to use? or even if anyone has processed this film in ID-11 what times and temps you used.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I also bought some of this stock off eBay. I had it processed at Alphacine in Seattle. They said it was a bit tricky, but no problem.

I would give them a call re. chemistry / timings etc. They are pretty helpful.

This stock, for the price, is pretty good I think. It didn't have the contrast of 7222 but it was good in low light and still looked nice.

Cheers, Matt

Hi Tom

I hand processed about 8 rolls of WL 2210 so far in ID11 in a Lomo tank with good results.

Prebath in water 2 min @ 21 C

ID11 6 minutes @ 20 C

Stop bath 30 sec

Rinse 2 min

Fixer 5 min

Wash 2 min

Hypo 3 min

Wash 5 min

Photo flow 1 min

Dry

With timings only developer temperature is crucial - prebath is a higher temperature to warm up the tank.

cheers

Antoni