Animation Question : Re Creating an Old TV Horror Show Open

Marty Hamrick

I'm attempting to re create an old horror movie TV show open that someone has managed to preserve the audio portion on youtube. I'm putting the images together from memory as it was an old childhood favorite for me and I'm sure the video portion no longer exists. The show aired locally in Charleston, SC in the 60's and 70's on WCIV, there was no host, just a really creepy open that had some images that haunted me for years and judging by the youtube comments, I wasn't the only one. Some of the haunting images were from a German film titled The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism (Christopher Lee, 1967) of trees with human limbs growing from them and one of the more memorable shots for me was an animated shot of blood dripping from a hot blonde's neck with band aids covering her vampire bites. The hot blonde, I found out through a friend, turned out to be Veronica Carlson and the picture came from a humorous movie poster for the Hammer film, Dracula Has Risen From the Grave.

I'm looking for advice for a freebie animation program where I can crop the pic and do a move downward and paint in the dripping blood drops. I'm sure the original was animated on 16mm ( since this is from the 70's, I'm pretty sure it would've been shot on 7242, so it would be nice if I could duplicate that look as well, though judging from how faded the poster is, I don't think it will matter much), though I don't know if this was locally produced by WCIV or if it was lifted from something national as I had seen the same images in other promo spots for horror movies.

• Upvote 1