Bauer C5 XL

Rudy Velez Jr

I have a Bauer C5 XL and a few days ago I was riding on the train and I held the trigger down in attempt to create a phantom ride( I was in the 1st subway cart with a nice view) however, ever since this day the camera does seem to not run the film. In the viewfinder there is a little line that moves up and down to indicate that the film is running through the camera, properly and normally. However when I use the camera, the film seems to run( i.e when I press the trigger it makes a noise, but the line does not move and when I look at the numerical film counter, the film counter does not move, it stays on zero)

I feel the problem is metal pointy things that move the super film need to be lubed or something. Those spikey things that move the film cartridge I feel are the culprit, the camera is in PRISTINE condition and I have shot two a couple of films on it.

Where can I get a super8 camera serviced, or CLA'd? I am in NYC.

I have had a couple of the royal Bauer cameras and have been working on the same problem. In my case the film counter was broken, telling me I was out of film after 1.5 minutes, once it reached the 0 mark the core would no longer turn. The spindle that drives the cartrige makes the line in the viewfinder go up and down. Would then take out the film and put it in again and it would reset. Ended up disconnecting it.

Check that the switch that gets pushed up when the cartridge is put in isn't stuck. ( it's up top on the side)