Odd AC question: what type of allen wrenches do you prefer?

Hey everyone- I've got an odd question. I'm putting together an AC kit and I was wondering what type of allen wrenches you prefer. Folding or long?

This type:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00012Y38W/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=theblaandblu-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00012Y38W

Or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Pal-15233-Piece-Metric-Folding/dp/B000H6W2WQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1365720165&sr=1-1&keywords=hex+folding

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ben Gustafson

Bondhus for sure as you have the ball nose option for awkward places and also the option for using the extended end.

aaaaand:

also buy a second set to cut off the ends for a nice short nose set (for really awkward stupidly built in bolts that you may come across) ...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand:

then use the cut-offs to put into your battery drill. ^_^

Keep in mind I'm using them for mechanical set effects/motion control - maybe your day to day AC jobs only need a flip set (that you can loose all at once if you try hard enough) - bondhus make them too.

Only a full set of ball nose T-wrenches would have me envious - nicer on the hands:

bondhus-t-handle-hex.jpg

I like T handles in general (the 3/16 and 5/32, the most commonly accessed ones, I keep on the cart...the rest of the imperial and metric set stay on the truck) and a full set of L-wrench allens in imperial and metric go in the set ditty. The T-handle sets are Bondhus non-ball end, and the L-wrenches are ball end. Covers almost any need.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep a full set of the loose wrenches in my tool box (imperial and metric) just in case (y'know, for unlocking push-bar doors and stuff). I hate carrying them around when they fall out of the plastic holder.

There are folding sets with steel bodies that are indestructible, and for some reason, cheaper than most of the plastic ones. I believe the brand is Eklund, but I've only seen them at a fleet supply place in the midwest USA.

I used to have a double sided ratchet for speedrail, but I believe it wandered away, and I don't have much call to use it anymore.

I keep all my small often used tools in a climbers chalk bag, allen keys go 'head' in - never had issues with the loose type falling out that way, even when I'm pulling them out, hanging 20m over people below.

Still... HARDHATS gents!