isco integrated 2x anamorphic ultra mc 100mm f2

Hey guys and gals, this is my first post but i've been getting a lot out of this forum. I just bought an isco integrated 2x anamorphic ultra mc 100mm f2. I want to get some opinions on this lens and its capabilities. Also, What kind of adaptor would work with nikon and panny glass with a gh2?

Thanks

Stephen,

this is a cinema projection lens, not intended for filming. It has no iris to control exposure, and the minimum focus distance will not allow for closeups. If you want to use the anamorphic part only, it has to be adapted to your spherical prime lens. For 35mm anamorphic projection, it's a fine high quality lens.

This one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISCO-Integrated-Anamorphic-2x-Ultra-MC-100mm-F2-Projector-Lens-35mm-70mm-Wide-/200916534490?nma=true&si=JT4MLId5nlogxPWYWO86CGISq5s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's clearly described as a projection lens. While there were 'scope lenses intended for dual camera/projector use- they had focusing racks and large rear elements to minimise vignetting- such as my Kowa 8Z, this isn't one of them. It's quite unsuitable for use on a camera unless,as Christian says, you have the cylindrical element remounted.

Hi,

when it's the lens from Mark's ebay-link: Focussing range is limited to "from 5m / 17ft to infinity". Hence -even when it's possible to unscrew the anamorphic part- I doubt that the anamorphic part can be used seriously in making a film or video. As the seller claimed that redrockmicro is selling an adapter: Why don't you ask him? (I haven't found such an adapter on redrockmicro's webpage - hence the seller is most likely lying. Not to mention that the Isco is sold as "100mm" while the pics show a "110mm"-lens. Therefore you should think about cancelling the trade and getting either an "integrated lens" that's made for cameras or an "anamorphic attachment" that can be used for both projectors and cameras and that cost a fraction of that Isco....)

Jörg

Edited by Joerg Polzfusz

redstan makes the best adapter clamps has options for massive range of lens.

redstan.com or ebay

all of these more compact optics work on digital.

screw off back optic so you have front anamorphic section and put a 50mm on camera if you are getting vignetting put a longer camera lens on or try a smaller sensor camera

Edited by alan doyle

• 2 years later...

redstan makes the best adapter clamps has options for massive range of lens.

redstan.com or ebay

all of these more compact optics work on digital.

screw off back optic so you have front anamorphic section and put a 50mm on camera if you are getting vignetting put a longer camera lens on or try a smaller sensor camera

You also have options at rapidotechnology.com, where you can find illustrations on how to setup different anamorphic lenses with the main adapter. It is re-useable, where you would find it's a much cheaper solution if you have multiple anamorphic lenses, and you like to switch them on the set.