HELP with K3 Super 16

Tin Ojeda

Hey Guys ..

Just bought a K3 converted to super 16 on ebay .. it came with a Sigma lens for a 35mm camera .. here's the problem ..

The lens has a little metal pin in the back that controls the aperture . so when i press it the aperture opens and closes but when i release it stays open . Problem is that when the lens its on the camera the pin stays up so the aperture its allways open ..

If i buy a Meteor lens will i be avaible to cover super 16mm ?

Not sure what lens to get .. i look online and seems that all the pentax m42 have the little pin in the back ..

please help !

thanks a lot

• Premium Member

Pentax M42 mount lenses have a little switch that lets you set the aperture manually. All of these lenses will more than cover the S16 area and look really good with the K3. Look for a 24, 35 & 50mm. Fairly cheap on eBay these days.

post-7911-0-01392200-1369346554_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes. It was originally intended for 35mm still film, so in theory, it would cover up to and including vista vision. That would more than cover S16. Keep in mind, that those focal lengths are all on the long side for S16.

@ Tin drugmoneyart.

Someone will sooner or later ask that you use your real name. Or were your parents artists from the 60's who actually changed their name to that? In which case that is quite cool. I'm sure they'l let you keep it.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

@ Tin drugmoneyart.

Someone will sooner or later ask that you use your real name. Or were your parents artists from the 60's who actually changed their name to that? In which case that is quite cool. I'm sure they'l let you keep it.

Thats my Clothing company ..

www.drugmoneyart.com

i am the parent

• Upvote 1

who cares if hes using an alias....

All but a few, and definately Tim Tyler, who I think originated the forum, and moderates.

People who object to this rule seem rare. It is one of the forum rules. Lots of different members have reminded new people of this rule.

I belong to a couple of film forums where almost everybody uses a fake name and it's really irritating to me. It's a sort buffer against direct, meaningful connection. On this forum people are open about who they are, and normally free with their contact details. Makes perfect sense to me. The other way, the nickname or fake name way, is an absolute waste of time IMHO. I was very relieved that they didn't allow that here.