Arriflex Cinegon 10mm for Super 16?

Brian Rose

Hey all,

I'm watching an ebay auction for an Arri-Cinegon 10mm prime lens with a mount for the Eclair NPR. I'm wondering however if this lens will cover the Super 16m frame area?

The auction has 4 days left, so any advice would be very, very appreciated!

Best,

BR

• Premium Member

None of the Arriflex-Cinegon branded versions of the 10mm Schneider I've tested cover S16, although they've all been Arri St mount. From the above link it seems they also made silver C-mount versions possibly for 1" video cameras that would cover, simply branded Cinegon.

None of the Arriflex-Cinegon branded versions of the 10mm Schneider I've tested cover S16, although they've all been Arri St mount. From the above link it seems they also made silver C-mount versions possibly for 1" video cameras that would cover, simply branded Cinegon.

Dom thanks for the tip. Here's the auction for the lens itself. Would this be one such lens you tested?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECLAIR-NPR-mount-10mm-lens-for-16mm-camera-ARRIFLEX-CINEGON-/121129917056?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item1c33e7da80

Yes that looks like the cine versions I've tested, albeit with an Eclair mount. I suspect it won't cover S16.

Dom, with the lenses you tested, what was the extend of the vignetting. Another cameraman on another forum suggested that depending on the extent of the vignetting, I might be able to have the lab push in slightly when they do the transfer...