Agfa Wittner chrome 200d Test roll

Jose luis villar

This film has a lot of grain for super 8. However, with a bit of post production, noise reduction and sharpening, can look better, but the best for telecine is the negative Kodak Vision 3. The thing is that this film is mainly for fans of the projection, In this case it is an acceptable alternative. For scanning, Kodak Vision 3 is the way to go.

https://vimeo.com/68868281

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi: my test of the very cheap AGFA Aviphot loaded in Single-8 cartridges using the Fuji ZC1000. First half is exposed at 100 ASA with 1 stop pull processinG to get less grain. Second half, at 200 ASA. Spanish sound track only: I'm sorry.

Edited by ignacio benedeti

Hi: yes, Aviphot has less grain and a bit more latitude exposed at 100 ASA and with 1 stop pull processing. Of course, this stock is very grainy but no more than the old Ektachrome 160, Agfachrome160 or Fujichrome RT200N. In my opinion, is a good film for manual editig and telecine: so, very good for some projects, with both worlds in your hands. Colour palette is interesting for some shooting, as this one, a medieval market. Also, I like the very cheap price of Aviphot if you buy it in 72 mts spools to reload Single-8 cartridges. The Aviphot is coated on a poliester base, another strong point thinking in archive purposes of special events as weddings, Christining, etc. CINEcerely, Ignacio