how to de-squeeze 2x anamorphic footage

stephen solar

I'm having trouble de-squeezing my 2x anamorphic footage. I just got an ultra star isco 75mm and I use PP CS6 creative cloud version, there are anamorphic options but they don't seem to be making the footage wide enough. Would somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the interest Mr. Mullen, it's a cool thing to be able to correspond with an industry pro such as yourself. I've gotten the stretch factor I wanted, I was just at a sticking point as I'm new to NLE software. If you would indulge me though, I know your a fan of the 1978 film "Superman" and as an ASC I'd love to know what you thought of the cinematography in MOS.

• Premium Member

Since your footage has a 2X squeeze I assume, I would think it would be a matter of either doubling the horizontal pixel dimension or halving the vertical pixel dimension, just keep in mind that your 1.78 : 1 aspect ratio becomes 3.56 : 1.

I liked "Man of Steel", though I got a bit tired of the semi-desaturated skip-bleach look, I would have liked to see a bit more color in the costume (not neon colors though.)