Wittner Chrome - Pro8/88 Future Availability

Mark Sperry

Agfa's consumer and professional businesses went bust in 2004.

The consumer brand is now licensed to Agfa Photo which markets films not made by Agfa.

Agfa-Gevaert still makes Aviphot Chrome for air photography and it is one of these which is being recut and perforated by Wittner.

http://www.agfa.com/sp/global/en/internet/main/solutions/aerialphotography/color/index.jsp

Edited by Mark Dunn

Weird just because the last I heard Agfa folded... Did somebody buy up their equipment?

Don't confuse AgfaPhoto with Agfa-Gevaert. ;-)

However the original question is a good one as Agfa-Gevaert "refused" to answer it. They only stated that they could guarantee the supply for the next years. Whether the film is still in production or whether Agfa-Gevaert just has a very large cold-storage is unclear.

• 2 months later...

I believe Agfa's still making it. The stock may be available in the US as Agfachrome RSX II 200, or (if they're still even making a consumer version) CTprecisa 200.

I guess Pro8mm has finally made their version of it available, but you'd probably be better off getting it from Dwayne's Photo.

The stock may be available in the US as Agfachrome RSX II 200, or (if they're still even making a consumer version) CTprecisa 200.

Please don't confuse Agfa-Gevaert with AgfaPhoto! These companies only share the "Agfa" in their logo, but that's it since 2004/2005! Since 2004/2005 neither Agfa-Gevaert produces something for AgfaPhoto nor vice versa!

The Agfa Aviphot is made by Agfa-Gevaert, while the 135er-films sold by AgfaPhoto under the old Agfa product-names are currently made by Fuji (colour) and Kentmere (b&w).

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Haven't shot any yet, but somehow given the results I've seen from others, I'm in no hurry. I have never been impressed with the color rendition or grain of this stuff. Surely there had to be a better stock out there to take E100D's place. I mean, didn't Wittner offer a stock based off of Fuji Astia or Velvia 100? They should have given us that instead...

Nonsens. Wittner states clearly - bis auf weiteres - that it remains in the catalog until further notice.

A new production has just been cleared for delivery. There is even meterware (long roll) This is where Spectra and others get their stock from.

Edited by Andries Molenaar