Fashionfilm with Kodak Tri-X

Jose luis villar

• Premium Member

I have this theory that beautiful people make for beautiful films. :)

Nice feel and some great shots there. I like how you made the Super 8 work like Super 8 and didn't try to make it into something it wasn't. Handheld but not shaky.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if the reason the Beaulieu's images look sharper in relation to the Canon's, is because of the shorter exposure time caused by Beaulieu's shutter, which is different that the Canon's.

Doesn't the Beaulieu have an exposure time which is equivelent to a 90
° shutter? If the Canon shutter was set to a 220° angle, its images would have a lot more motion blur, correct?

It would be interesting to see a comparison between a Beaulieu and a Nikon R10 or R8 with the Nikon's shutter set to 80°.

The film looked fantastic!

Edited by Richard Hadfield

Nice feel and some great shots there. I like how you made the Super 8 work like Super 8 and didn't try to make it into something it wasn't. Handheld but not shaky.

Indeed it helps when you have a mix of Cameron Diaz and Angelina Jolie in your main character :)

Or as I read somewhere: when you need to improve your ratings bring in Heather Locklear

And it is obvious from one scene stillphoto why Lindsey Lohan still has options despite her difficulties. Looks and camera presence...

I agree that if you shoot beautiful things or people is more appreciated. Regarding sharpness are three important things to me:

The lens of the camera used, I think the Beaulieu 4008 ZM2 is best in super 8.

The telecine is very important, even more so than the camera lens. I do it with Ochoypico, I think is one of the best you can find one and also what I have around.

Post production is also important to get a good look. I use Neat Video and some unsharp mask.

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by Jose luis villar

• Premium Member

Ohhhhh, this means my films are going to be ugly.