Are the Fujinon Alura lenses any good?

I haven't seen or heard of any film in recent memory outside of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" and "Dark Skies" that have used the Fujinon Alura zoom lenses. There have probably been some smaller independent films that have used them, but no other big-budget movie as of yet that has used them. Does this have anything to do with them not being very good lenses or just the fact that not many rental houses are buying them, instead opting for the Angenieux Optimo line of zooms?

Aluras are incredibly sharp for zooms, and they're very light weight. A buddy of mine shoots key and Peele, and he owns a set of Aluras that he uses on the show.

If there was a set of prime lenses you'd pair them with, what would they be?

I work for a rental house in Houston and we own three Aluras they haven't been going out much lately, but from my testing they are amazingly sharp and clear!!! They work well with ultra primes, compact primes, and master primes as well. This is solely based on MY testing and opinion, by all means stop by your local rental house and do your own testing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I work for a rental house in Houston and we own three Aluras they haven't been going out much lately, but from my testing they are amazingly sharp and clear!!! They work well with ultra primes, compact primes, and master primes as well. This is solely based on MY testing and opinion, by all means stop by your local rental house and do your own testing!!!

Would you pair them w/Fujinon Alura lightweight zooms or Angenieux Optimos'?