The Tragedy in Spain

Guest Ultra Definition

Do you think the people from Irak will elect any friend of yours?

They elected Sadam Hussein.(did you know this?)

Then you invade the country (in the name of democracy!!)

Do you want them to elect a friend of America?

It is very sad, but irakies right now want to do to your family the same you did to them.

You don´t have to stay in a country for months to celebrate elections.

Unless you want ot be very very sure of who gets elected.

THAT IS NOT CALLED DEMOCRACY

Pulling out in the middle of chaos would be inviting anarchy. Everybody in the US has doubts about Iraqs future. But to cut and run is not an option. I really regret the certain degrees of humiliation that must be felt in that region. Nothing is garuanteed but doing nothing just does not seem to be a viable option.

It is my prayer and hope that this troubled region can find a way toward peace and...prosperity.

It would be good for them and the US and Spain and the world if somehow, some way this hope can be realized.

The citizens of Iraq will smell a fraud if the situation is rigged. They have had alot of experience with that very thing. It will be our hope that Iraq will emerge a freindly to the US but if they decide good riddance when its all done, well fine. As long as it is THEY and not HIM and his strong arms. That region might sleep a bit better with a better neighbor.

Alot hangs in the balance. I pray things turn out at least better than before.

jack,

why are you bothering to respond to this poop? do you think anyone so passionately and ignorantly anti-american is going to suddenly understand all of the contradictory demands that are made on the united states? the obligation of any great superpower is not to try in vain to indulge the interests of every nation at once, hoping against reason that all can somehow have their irreconciable, antithetical demands met. instead it can only be that she must suffer their childish outrage as a good king must suffer his envious, spiteful, antagonistic dukes, hoping in the end that while his reign lasts, his influence will be both far-reaching and just.

the current conflict is a perfect example. were it not for aid from the u.s., the israelis would have been slaughtered by the arab world years ago, a goal that most of that world still holds as its dearest tenent, far above caring for its own citizens. could not america have utterly destroyed israel's enemies years ago? could we have not re-written the map of the middle east a hundred times over? could we not bite off huge chunks of nations at a time as every great super-power has tried to do before us? since its birth america has stood apart from the pack for its conviction to the idea of freedom and its courage in the face of those who stand against freedom. no one should be surprised that we do not leave our friend israel to die because of the threats from these extremist pseudo-islamic psychotic theocrats. but despite our just and light-handed efforts we were attacked time after time. finally 9-11, and america could stand no more. if the most violent, totalitarianistic culture that side of africa chooses to hate the u.s. for our propogation of freedom, believe that the u.s. will move the war right back to her. will the psychos swing back? yes. will the dukes bitch? of course. but what should we do? what exactly would the world have us do?

i am so fu**ing tired of coming to this website and reading about how mad everyone is towards america for not acting in the exact way that they want. if the fifty or so people who come to this webiste can not agree on a course for america, then how can one possible expect her to satisfy the desires of every person in the world, each of whom is unavoidably privy to the actions of america as the most documented nation. lets hear someone say something nice about this country, which does so much for the world every day.

jk

Jason.

Please tell me what America does nice for the world everyday.

Please tell me what America does nice for America everyday.

Why not spend your "superpower" monoply money on development, education, healthcare instead of destruction.

I do not see production of weapons as a positive development.

I do not see spending 87+ billions of dollars on war, as doing something nice for the world everyday.

America has freedom. Freedom to pollute. Pollute the earth and our mind.

Why is it that, because you live the way you live your life in America, it means that the whole world should live like you do. Is it because you are rich? Are you rich?

I do not consider having 3 cars, 2 computers, 4 tv's bla bla bla as wealth.

I see it as brainwash. I'm not just talking about America, I'm talking about the western world, the whole freakin world. The way we live our life. Why can't we live more simple. I'm not any better myself. Why can't we slow down. We still only have 24 hours a day. But we spend more time on mindless, no good poop that makes us more dumb instead of spending more time with our family, our kids, our elderly...

Is freedom measured on a who has more things has more freedom basis?

I'm doing my best to live a good life everyday, I consider myself very priviliged to have what I have, a good job - with possibilities to chose interesting projects.

I have a warm bed and water in the taps. Food on the table.

I try to understand why people act and react why they do. Do you? Or do you just think that because you live in a "wealthy" country you are the one who is right?

I try to understand why 87+ billion dollars could not have been spent on peace, schools, hospitals...

Killing innocent poor people, does not actually make peace, it creates more hatred. I think I've learned so much from history.

Unless you kill everyone who thinks differently from you.

Please don't disrespect people who have a different opinion from yourself. Try to understand.

All the best

Marcel

P.S Not everybody wants to eat steak.

Jason.

I was attempting to strike a reasonable tenor in order to show that the US is not arbitrarily blood thirsty. That individual lives do matter and that decisions of military action are not taken lightly. It is great weight.

It would seem as if the fact of our restraint has been overlooked. It is just so sad to see it all come to this. The exaltant middle-east at the sight of the Towers coming down does point to an incredible chasm that one doubts can be bridged. And so the blood runs.

Oh well. Just trying to reach out. A responsibilty of my convictions. Helps me live with the hell.

hi

any way,much praising for us of a. its government is pressing india to initiate peace talks with pakistan and at the same time bestowing pakistan with monetory help and allowing them to buy weapons!!! :D

this is core of so called american generousity!!!!

uma

>any way,much praising for us of a. its government is pressing india to initiate peace talks with >pakistan and at the same time bestowing pakistan with monetory help and allowing them to buy >weapons!!!

>this is core of so called american generousity!!!!

>uma

How about agreeing not to use them? Uma. I'm not as familiar with the India/Pakistan conflict as I might be. Is this another territorial dispute or is that an excuse for religious hatred?

How does it happen everyone i know is familiar with the india-pakistan conflic except the ones that rule the world?

Can you point with your finger where is Pakistan in a map?

Sorry, i forgot i was not worth speaking to.

I was trying to get the point of view of the poster. But since you know all about it please fell free to help me break the bonds of ignorance. Allow me some sarcasm and offer that everyone knows Pakistan is just north of Alaska.

Actually I thought we had become somewhat civil in our discussion. Sorry my responses gave you the impression that I thought you weren't worth speaking to.

"Please don't disrespect people who have a different opinion from yourself. Try to understand."

why is it that when an american is called a nazi it's fair game, but when he gets tired of being insulted and responds he is accused of being antagonistic. whats the difference between guantanamo and auschwitz? i don't think it is i who needs to be more understanding.

"Not everybody wants to eat steak."

oh really? whose computer are you using right now? what shoes are you wearing? did you make them yourself? c'mon, please don't be so self-righteous, it's too simplistic.

"How does it happen everyone i know is familiar with the india-pakistan conflic except the ones that rule the world?"

factually incorrect and rude.

"I do not see spending 87+ billions of dollars on war, as doing something nice for the world everyday. America has freedom. Freedom to pollute. Pollute the earth and our mind."

lets all take a deep breath and then do a little research on what our own governments do with their money before we start pointing fingers, shall we?

"I do not consider having 3 cars, 2 computers, 4 tv's bla bla bla as wealth. I see it as brainwash."

woah woah woah! what happened to understanding and mutual respect?

"we don't need world police!"

oh right...unless it's nato or the UN or interpol or...

people please understand that i have nothing personal against any of you. there is nothing more i would like to be doing than exchanging ideas without animosity. if you look back at every political discussion on this forum of which i've taken part, i think you'll find that i was completely polite until someone called me a nazi or something like that. i'm just saying, let's ease it up on the u.s. and its philosophies, because i could turn around and malign any nation in the world for the "sin" of serving their own best interests. i could also point out true acts of altruism from most countries in the world, nd most of all the u.s. lets be a little more intelligent and less bitter.

jk :ph34r:

"we don't need world police!"

oh right...unless it's nato or the UN or interpol or...

Jasson i think i need to be more clear:

UN is not a world police. It is a forum like this one, but where the presidents from most of the world countries talk.

So, when a country goes against UN this means that this country is going against the thoughts of all the others.

This can be because this country is very wise and the other are very stupid.

Interpol is a mechanism to coordinate the efforts beteween the police of diferent countries in order to be able to prosecute delicuents. It is not ruled by any specific country nor has any expecific power.

None of them is acting as a world police

NATO is a militar league directed by US. These allied are suposed to support one another in case of war attact. Mainly i think this is useless. I´m quite sure France, Portugal and Morocco are not planning to invade Spain. Whose going to invade you?

This morning is the funeral of the victims who died in the tragedy we started talking about. I just hope someday we can live without any terrorisim. The illegal terror and the legallized one.