Taking Red Epic to China

Piotr Litwinski

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me out with this issue.

I'm looking for an advise on taking Red Epic into China.

What is the best way and cheapest to do that in terms of customs requirements etc.

I'll appreciate response or pointing me out to appropriate topic or forum.

Many Thanks

Piotr

Hi Piotr, I'm a Chinese and studied in Vancouver and I'm also a RED owner, after school I went back China this year June, I taking my EPIC back with airline, I kept the body , lenses, etc with me and checked in everything else, for sure the body is overweight, but once I told them it's a camera and no way I can check in this, they just let me go.

For the customs, I don't know the specific policy but after I landed, the customs didn't charge me anything just ask me to filled a form and i'm free to go, it may different if you are not a Chinese, but I don't think they will charge you money as long as you said it's for yourself.

Actually the form I filled is for something else, they just asked me what's inside I said it's a camera and they just let me go.

Hi Piotr, I'm a Chinese and studied in Vancouver and I'm also a RED owner, after school I went back China this year June, I taking my EPIC back with airline, I kept the body , lenses, etc with me and checked in everything else, for sure the body is overweight, but once I told them it's a camera and no way I can check in this, they just let me go.

For the customs, I don't know the specific policy but after I landed, the customs didn't charge me anything just ask me to filled a form and i'm free to go, it may different if you are not a Chinese, but I don't think they will charge you money as long as you said it's for yourself.

• Premium Member

A business sponsorship is the best and safest way. Just did a job over there.

Also can I recommend an amazing production company - bag ladies. They were super useful with everything and have access to reds, alexas, etc

A business sponsorship is the best and safest way. Just did a job over there.

Also can I recommend an amazing production company - bag ladies. They were super useful with everything and have access to reds, alexas, etc

Do you mean these people?:

http://www.iamtbl.com/

Interesting name! :)

Freya