Kodak update

Nicholas Kovats

Stock is pretty cheap right now. Imagine if a Super 8 fanatic bought controlling share and influenced the product line. It would be a disaster for company but at least we'd get some pretty cool film stocks for a short time. :P

Seriously though, I hope Kodak pulls through, they've been very good to my career!

• Upvote 1

Stock is pretty cheap right now. Imagine if a Super 8 fanatic bought controlling share and influenced the product line. It would be a disaster for company but at least we'd get some pretty cool film stocks for a short time. :P

Seriously though, I hope Kodak pulls through, they've been very good to my career!

For me, as much as a number of Super8 users I know, it would not be "fantastic" at all.

Although many a filmmaker might stick to a particular format, such as Super8, that doesn't mean all those who shoot a particular format, such as Super8, do so exclusively. I for one for would still very much appreciate the ongoing manufacture of 16mm and 35mm, as much as Super8.

In any case, Super8 is actually cut from larger format film. So either way the larger formats would still be there in the process.

C

• 3 weeks later...

For me, as much as a number of Super8 users I know, it would not be "fantastic" at all.

Although many a filmmaker might stick to a particular format, such as Super8, that doesn't mean all those who shoot a particular format, such as Super8, do so exclusively. I for one for would still very much appreciate the ongoing manufacture of 16mm and 35mm, as much as Super8.

In any case, Super8 is actually cut from larger format film. So either way the larger formats would still be there in the process.

C

Perhaps my emoticon wasn't making it clear that I wasn't serious. There's no way any amount of stock I buy could produce that kind of influence.

Edited by Ernie Zahn