selling eclair acl

jeroenvanderpoel

Hey all,

I have a eclair acl, converted to s16mm by les bosher, plus a les bosher pl mout, batteries, etc. Everything is in perfect condition.

Is there anybody interested, or should i keep the package. Iam not using it anymore and end up everytime hiring a s35 film camera or a ss16 with timecode, and sdi..

Is there interest? No doubt. Can you get a good price? I doubt it.

Unless your Eclair is taking up much needed space and/or you'd just like to have it used again by someone, I'd vote for keeping it yourself, perhaps for personal projects. There are people who'd want to buy it from you, but you won't be able to get much more than 1200-1500 EUR for it. This year I have seen two German S16 Arri SR2s sold on Ebay for about 1200 EUR. Prices have come down a lot even if there are still people trying to sell old and semi-rusty Eclair NPRs for 2000 EUR there.

There is one quite similar package for sale up on Ebay at the moment. You might want to take a look at for how much it sells:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eclair-ACL-Super-16mm-Cine-camera-system-Les-Bosher-conversion-PL-and-C-mount-/331003024159?pt=UK_Movie_Cameras&hash=item4d1151531f

There are people who'd want to buy it from you, but you won't be able to get much more than 1200-1500 EUR for it. This year I have seen two German S16 Arri SR2s sold on Ebay for about 1200 EUR. Prices have come down a lot

....There is one quite similar package for sale up on Ebay at the moment. You might want to take a look at for how much it sells:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eclair-ACL-Super-16mm-Cine-camera-system-Les-Bosher-conversion-PL-and-C-mount-/331003024159?pt=UK_Movie_Cameras&hash=item4d1151531f

There are a lot of people who auction their camera on eBay starting at $1, no reserve, or some low value with a one week window. So the price gets set by the number of buyers who notice it in that week. This may not be a good idea when the number of buyers is small.

There are also some issues that should affect price but may not be. Buyer needs the service history and needs a good idea of when the camera will next need a CLA. Buyers should be aggressively asking on those issues. Also, not all S16 conversions are including the same things. For example, a lot of cheaper conversions don't have a proper S16 ground glass. For Shurco to grind of the old markings and etch S16 markings is $300-400 once your tech gives them the GG.