Do a High national diploma(HND) is a good option?

Hi all!
In a couple of years I'll finish my studies in Lighting and photography composition in Barcelona, actualy I'll looking to study outside my country because Spain is the worst place to find work in the film industry.
I see diferents programmes relevant with film studies which includes a HND in UK.
-Harrow college: HND in Media: Film & TV Production
-Met film school: Practical filmmaking
-Brighton Film school: Filmmaking
-Warwickshire college: HND Digital fim and video
-Northampton college: HND Digital Film-Making
What do you think about this places? Is a good option do an HND?
Once I have finished the HND I would like to do a top up course to acces to the last year of a BA degree. I like the University of Bournemouth to do this.

Greetings

• 5 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hi Alejandro,

Let's talk a bit about the different things in your post.

First of all, Spain is not the worst place to find a job within the film industry, I'm from Spain (Madrid) and I've been working in the industry since 2007.

Nowadays Barcelona is getting a lot of work, it doesn't matter if it's a commercial or a movie but works tend to go to Barcelona rather than to Madrid so I'd say that it's a pretty good time to be in Barcelona right now.

Let me ask you one thing: Are you studying at ESCAC, if you aren't, then you should go and check it because it's the best cinematography school in Spain and in Europe too.

And after studying there you could go and do a masters, maybe at AFI or NFTS, which are very good places to study at if you are interested in cinematography, of course.

There is a very very good place in Ireland which encourages its students to do what they think it's the right thing and also they allow you to explore a lot, it's called AIDT National Film School.

http://www.iadt.ie/en/InformationAbout/NationalFilmSchool/

Kindest regards Alejandro.