Where to sell Briese HMI light???

Mark VanderSys

Hello Cinematography community.

I am a still photographer that uses a scan back camera to capture my still photos. Because each photo is scanned over time (verses the instant capture of a DSLR) I use continuous light sources (verses flash). One of those sources is a Briese 2500watt HMI which I bought new, have had for a while, and used for only 1,080 hours. I'm looking to sell it and for those who know of this German brand, it's not something you drop on craigslist.

Any suggestions on where best to post this item for sale?

Thank you.

Mark

I would offer it to other still photographers or DP's who shoot commercials. Especially glamour or modeling. It is rare to see them on a Movie or TV show.

Some Briese models have a loud cooling fan that is not great for sound recording. And some have a switch that can lower the fan speed for a few moments. What kind do you have? And is there a specific model and type that you own?

How much are you asking?

Best

Tim

• 1 month later...

Tim,

Thanks for your reply. Now that you say it, it makes sense with the fan and recording audio. Mine doesn't look to have a fan kill switch. I also don't have the coveted focus reflector, just a square one. Details/images are at:

http://client.pixellight.com/BrieseHMI/index.html

Again, thank you for stating some obvious (to cine guys) issues and directing me towards most appropriate uses/users.

Mark