first cinematography demo reel

Lee Tamer

• 1 month later...

I like the shots in the shower, they've got a lot of feeling to them. Also the shots in the forest look good- like how you used the texture of tree bark.

I notice you're using different cameras/formats? Some of the higher quality stuff (in terms of picture quality) stands way out & makes the other stuff on your reel not have as much impact. Also the interrogation scene could be more dynamic, the lighting feels a bit flat. then again you could light an interrogation scene flat for ironic effect? N the track over the bed scene is a bit dutch- is this for effect?

Also if you are using a dslr on a glidetrack type thing, I would use a stabiliser in post to smooth the move out- I've always found those things impossible to do a smooth move on unless you've got a motorised one or surgical grade steadiness in your hands

Im just in the process of finally editing my showreel after shooting my own stuff for the past 2 years, I'll put it up next week and would be great to get any feedback if possible!

Not sure if this helps or not but for my edit, to pick out shots i've categorised my work into areas i hope people will pick up on when watching- especially industry people & colleagues-, such as

-developing shots -high-key lighting -low-key lighting -handheld -tracking -day/night int./ext. ....etc

cheers