Have any music videos in the past used equipment from Panavision?

Reuel Gomez

From what I understand, nowadays, few, if any music videos use equipment from Panavision. And if I'm not mistaken, even those who use anamorphic lenses don't get them from Panavision. But while I was watching a "making of" video for Linkin Park's "Somewhere I Belong", I swear I saw a Panavision matte box. I know it makes no sense to assume something like that based on a matte box of all things but I digress.

• Premium Member

I am sure there are still plenty of MVs ect renting from Panavision. They often will give deep discounts depending on what you're asking for. Also sometimes you really want to use their lenses, which of course, only work on their cameras. Panavision has much more than just 35mm stuff-- though their 16mm is rarely used, but they also offer a range of D-Cinema systems, and people have a tendency to go to the rental houses with whom they have a relationship.

One of my biggest regrets having moved from the east coast to the west is having lost all the rental houses who really helped me out back east, and now facing the task of rebuilding new relationships with houses here.

• 2 weeks later...