Selling DVD to Video Rental Centers...

Landon D. Parks

Richard..... Just knock it off, your causing more trouble than its worth. Im done with this, Im not hear to please people, im hear to learn and share what I know (Or in some cases what I think I know). Im not here to get knocked about adding credits to my signature, im not here to hear about how you can make a film and I cant, or how your poop dont stink and mine does.

Im done. You may not like me Richard, but Im sorry. Its just the way I fell about. If you think your so grand are are so much better than everyone else, im looking forward to seeing your credit on the new next Steven Spielberg epic....

I got more important things to do than sit here and argue about someone elses experiance in filmmaking, like making my movie.

Why are we all fighting for? We should try to get along, some of us may end up working together in the future, and I'd hate to break ties that could one day get me out a ditch. Like your comment to David Mullen, lets not forget that hes more experianced than you are richard, you may need his help one day....

I know I can have a big head and times, and make myself up to be the next big thing. But when I get like that, just ignor me. I'll say right now that IM NOT famouse, nor do I wanna be famouse. Im not rich, And I dont wanna be. I just wanna make movies as a way to express my mind. I feel Im a good story teller, therefore I think I can make a good film. But I need to go out and prove it right now, so im done talking about how good I am, lets just wait and see.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

As much as I sometimes disagree with Landon, I do agree with him here.

Why is everyone always harping on this kid? I understand on many instances he seems to have it coming, but come on, it?s his signature.

Honestly, people who really know what is going on would know what to think of Landon's signature.

It?s good to be excited about a project, no matter how bleak its prospects are. I am not saying lie to yourself, but for someone Landon's age to be at this point is very good. $30 grand is not a lot of money to make a movie, but it is a lot of money. This is why it is suspect that Landon will helm this project with no strings. But, as Landon said, we will just have to wait and see.

I actually am beginning to find it rather commendable that Landon still comes back here, considering that every time he does, he gets his ass kicked (right or wrong, usually both).

Landon, I think a lot of the stronger opinions you posted in the past are, as some predicted, following you. This is why people jump on you. All you can do is be humble, and deliver, while showing other's respect, even if they don't show you. Then I think people attitude towards you will slowly change.

Trust me, there have been many times where I had serious issues with your statements, but your signature is not one of them.

Kevin Zanit

• Premium Member
Holy smokes a regional emmy, no way!!!!

Question: How many Tellys do you need before you can cash them in for a regional emmy?

R.

hahaha, I missed that the first time around.

Our group went to the Awards Show and after we won and had been reseated I heard another winner say it was their first emmy win after 4 nominations. Then it hit home that it was really lucky to win on the first try because the guy speaking didn't get nominated every year.

Geez Landon you got a real bee up your butt today.

I said earlier I look forward to renting your film at Blockbuster. I'm sure it will be there in the new release section, so just get it made. It could easily be the next Blairwitch or Open Water.

I think you over react a little to my posts and the posts of others.

R.

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith
Geez Landon you got a real bee up your butt today.

I said earlier I look forward to renting your film at Blockbuster.  I'm sure it will be there in the new release section, so just get it made.  It could easily be the next Blairwitch or Open Water.

I think you over react a little to my posts and the posts of others.

Oh dear he reacted and now your shocked....

What amazes me is that it was actually Max that brung this whole thing up, now he seems to have cleared off.

That post was not entirely ment for you Richard... IT was ment for anyone and everyone who thinks there poop dont stink, or anyone who has problems with me adding a credit to my signature.

Your a cool dude Richard, but you have to understand that Im not a person who takes to being attacked lightly. My view is, if you attack me, I'll attack you.

Maybe a was a bit mean in that post, maybe I should not have said all of that. But it was what was on my mind at the time, and I felt it needed to be said.

What amazes me is that it was actually Max that brung this whole thing up, now he seems to have cleared off.

I agree, why I am sitting here attaking Richard, when Max is the one that needed the attack. If max had never started up this whole thing, this argument would have never happend. But no personal offence to max, but 70% of the time, he seems to be the one that starts up the fights in any of my posts, not Richard.

Max, stop causing fights. Its not your signature, its not your forum. If Tim does not want me to add that to my signature, he can tell me and I'll happily remove it. But I think for you to come in and act like your god-all-mighty and start a fight, when one needs not be started, it just looks bad on you in ways.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

Well you've got a less in your face signature now. So it's moot.

This thread should be getting close to being dead about now. :D

R.

You have to hand it to Richard, he's talented, I saw the trailer to "The Snowman Who Saved Summer", looked pretty good. Must have taken *ages* to do, takes a lot of dedication and hard work.

Although, the only thing I would say is that Richard sometimes seems to pick fights for the hell of it. Then again, I'm no innocent here, like you all know.

I'm not trying to be immature here, but it's actually these kinds of arguments that keep this forum alive. Imagine how boring it would be if we all agreed with each other like a bunch of hippies...

Edited by Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

Landon did change his overblown signature (at least the size, if not the content), so I'd say he got my point.

Max I'm not trying to pick a pathetic arguement with you here, but, who exactly are you to start telling other people what to do?

"You have to hand it to Richard, he's talented, I saw the trailer to "The Snowman Who Saved Summer", looked pretty good. Must have taken *ages* to do, takes a lot of dedication and hard work."

You saw a trailer for it? Hmmm, that's odd I don't remember posting any links to it here?

One of the distributors could have an on-line trailer some place that you found???? The internet is a mysterious place.

Any way glad you liked it, I'll have Santa drop off the DVD version at your house this year. Although I think you'll find that it was designed for a pretty young demographic.

R.

Although I think you'll find that it was designed for a pretty young demographic.

:lol: Yeh don't worry I realised that, but it was still put together well. I did happen to laugh at that joke at the end though, "Summer, that's for sissys, real men like it cold, AALL the time!" (Don't ask me why that made me laugh, just did...)

Are you a fan of frame by frame animation, or did you do it just for the experience? Personally I'd love to do a frame by frame animation, only problem is, I can't mould characters to save my life.

I think my favourite animation that I've seen so far has got to be Chicken Run... Wallace and Gromit was good.

Yes I've loved stop motion for a long time, filmmaking in miniature, that's why I like it.

My favorite by far is "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I consider it to be a cinematic masterpiece. Nick Park's work is of course also excellent. He's helped give the UK a solid film export that is recognized as being uniquely British around the world.

I see Tim Burton has just come out with another stop mo feature for the big screen.

You don't have to know how to mold characters to shoot a stop mo film. Just buy molds from a craft store and press in the clay. Each mold can be used to create different characters depending on what type of hair etc you decide to use.

Any way it's a dying art now. CGI is considered to be much easier and people like the look of it better it seems.

I've left stop mo behind now to focus solely on live action. If you saw the project I'm working on now you'd see a big change in genres. The film I'm doing now has lot's of machine guns and rocket launchers etc etc.

R.

• Premium Member
Max I'm not trying to pick a pathetic arguement with you here, but, who exactly are you to start telling other people what to do?

Please find a post of mine where I 'told' Landon what to do.

My favorite by far is "The Nightmare Before Christmas".  I consider it to be a cinematic masterpiece.

Arrr damn how could I forget that one. Yeh "The Nightmare Before Christmas" just looked amazing, I seem to be a fan of that kind of lighting style and theme. They have clashed 2 of the most exciting events artistically, just creates a real sense of excitement.

Any way it's a dying art now.  CGI is considered to be much easier and people like the look of it better it seems.

Pha.. Admittedly I do like CGI films, Shrek was amazing, but stop frame motion picture is an art form of it's own, I wouldn't compare it. I've always preferred things to be shot in real life as opposed to on a computer anyway. Partly the reason why I think I liked the original star wars so much, the newer ones were ok, but all of the CGI just got boring after a while.

Please find a post of mine where I 'told' Landon what to do.

The whole point was that your just bullying for the hell of it, I mean, just say David Mullen or Richard was to write what Landon did for their signature, I bet you wouldn't say anything to them.

I mean, you seem to be ok most of the time, but a lot of the time you just seem to attack people just for the hell of it.

"I'm sorry but that statement just shows that you have no idea what your talking about"

That comment just makes me laugh now... It's like your trademark comment or something. Not that you've said it in this thread (I don't think anyway...), I'm just using that as an example, a single post thrown in to get some kind of a fire started.

• Premium Member

If there's one thing I don't like is people pretending something that they are not. Call me old-school, but I believe in letting your work speak for itself. This is a professional forum so to me if you call yourself 'director' or 'cinematographer', you better earn your living doing that job.

We all want to get somewhere in our lives, but I don't think it's appropriate to take claim on something that one hasn't achieved yet. Credits are about work that you have done, not that you intend to do.

If there's one thing I don't like is people pretending something that they are not. Call me old-school, but I believe in letting your work speak for itself. This is a professional forum so to me if you call yourself 'director' or 'cinematographer', you better earn your living doing that job.

We all want to get somewhere in our lives, but I don't think it's appropriate to take claim on something that one hasn't achieved yet. Credits are about work that you have done, not that you intend to do.

Like I said, I agree with you, but sometimes it's best to just leave it alone.