buying a canon 814 or 1014xls super 8 camera

bruce collier

has anyone out there had any dealings with a place called cheap super 8 camera shop in Germany??? I am looking to buy a canon 814 or 1014xls and this place has some really excellent prices, but i am kind of skepticle about it because i have not heard of them except through a web search???

• it is a shame there isn't more places in the united states selling good super 8 cameras besides pro 8, du-all, e-bay, and maybe a few more that I can't think of right now. It seems that the demand for these cameras is sky rocketing every day and the prices is also going very high, especially for used cameras, that some of the major companies would start back making them again and Kodak would wake up and start back making color reversal film again. I guess they think the profit margin would not be high enough though....I am still looking for a Canon 814 or 1014xl-s if anyone has one for sale...

• 2 weeks later...

It has been there for years. It is mostly strongly priced fleamarket finds. Don't expect to get overhauled cameras or such.

The seller is under German commercial law but relying on these from a distance is cumbersome.

The seller is a very good man called Micheal Bigaj. I have been buying cameras from him for years. He NEVER sells any camera through any of his webshops that have not been fully tested. If you have a problem there is a 30 day money back guaranty and 90 warranty. You just send the camera back for repair, exchange or refund. No issues whatsoever. All his Nizo cameras are serviced, other models when possible.

Go ahead and buy!

Edited by Jamie Frazer Noakes