What the best way to work AFM 2013?

I will be at my first AFM will a couple interesting projects.

One is "Unitas We Stand" The Story of Johnny Unitas. No attachments and

no funding yet. $12.8 Million budget. We have several "If they put in $6.4...we'll

put in $6.4 guys..." But nothing cemented yet. www.unitaswestand.com

The other project is "Louis-The Young Life of Louis Armstrong"-$15 Million budget. This one has

more meat on the bone with a $7.5 million dollar LOI that will kick in when the first

$7.5 gets funded.

"Louis" also has Tracy Morgan attached to place Louis & Mary J. Blige to play

Louis' mother.

Who should I be looking for and approaching? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well AFM is over of course, but I could of told you before you left that no one at AFM is going to be able to get involved in a project with a budget of 12.8 million. Anyone who says they can is just a "talker."

Only the studios and mini-studios (ie Lions Gate) can fund anything close to 50% of a film with a budget of 12.8M or 15M. The only chance of recouping on a film with a budget of 12 or 15 million would be with a pretty large scale theatrical release. And this theatrical release would require a huge P&A commitment over and above the film's costs. Again, there are only a small handful of companies that can realistically pull this off.

If in fact you do have 50% of a 15 million dollar budget, you could come close to making up the rest via shooting in Canada and using the tax credit system.

R,