American Cinematographer Manual - Tenth Edition - Vol. I

American Cinematographer Manual - Tenth Edition - Vol. I

American Cinematographer Manual - Kindle Edition

Known as the "Filmmaker's bible," for several generations, one of the world's most widely used cinema reference books is more comprehensive than ever - moving into the digital side of image capture.

Completely re-imagined to reflect the sweeping technological changes that our industry has experienced, this edition of the Manual is vibrant and essential reading, as well as an invaluable field resource, covering subjects such as: A comprehensive breakdown of digital technology terminology The explosion of prosumer cameras in professional use Previsualization 3-D LED lighting fixtures How to use the Academy Color Encoding Specification (ACES) An entirely new section on digital camera prep, and more!

• 6 years later...

I just bought the manual yesterday on Kindle, I previously read the 4th edition. I was paging through the introduction and the job description for a cinematographer is staggering, they are described as “authors of an image”, but the things they have to oversee from beginning to end in the production of a film is what defines the look of a motion picture. When I look outside, real life is tedious, just drabness, so to really bring the world to life by manipulation of light and shadow is inspirational. I’m really beginning to understand digital differently, I think the manual does a great job in explaining the technology. I just have to read the whole thing this month.