Lighting interior tennis court

I'll be shooting recruiting videos for high school tennis players that want to play college tennis. There is nasty overhead lighting and I'm trying to brainstorm a more attractive lighting setup. I will be renting the lighting equipment. Any suggestions on set up within a reasonable budget? I've attached some of the courts I will be shooting on. I will be able to turn off the overhead lights.

interior_zps71a9e2ab.jpg

Edited by Joseph Murphy

• Premium Member

The ceiling looks nice and white and reflective. You can probably improve things a lot by just switching off the overheads and firing a bunch of blondes or HMIs up into the ceiling for general illumination, then perhaps some extra lights bounced of umbrellas or through softboxes on one side of the court to give the players an edge light and pull them out a little.

• 1 month later...

Overhead lighting can be a bit bland. So go for some directional lighting with softbox. Are you shooting a master to include all courts. If just using one end court you could potentially put up a large white screen - switch the lighting off on that court only, and have the ceiling lights from the other courts diffuse through your screen. But that might be too much work.