Denzel should've won best actor for "Flight"

stephen solar

It's my opinion that "flight" was the best major motion pictures of 2012 and Denzel Washington did some of his best work in it ."Lincoln" was not a good film, I think DDL could have been a great Lincoln in another production, though. Denzel Washington, like "Sugar Ray Robinson" in the 50's, competed in a very strong era in cinema history. When he lost best actor to clint for "Unforgiven", for example. He would have been the absolute favorite over any actor in history that year, but Clint Eastwood made one of the best films of all time, and played the best part of his career... What do ya'll think about that observation?

I don't know but Denzil is quite the Actor....truly a talented guy and every role he's played its so realistic that I wonder if he actually struggled with alcoholism after watching "Man on Fire", "Flight" and pretty much anything else hes in. I'd love to meet him just to have a conversation because on and off the screen hes a real stand-up guy. I remember he was in a hospital for recovering soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen and he asked how much one of them cost to build and he just pulled out his check book, no words were exchanged...such a Denzel move.

• 2 weeks later...

When he finally confessed at the end, I had a rush of emotion while watching. It was such a long struggle of lying and drinking and messing up that him finally giving in smacked me in the gut. There were almost tears.

If an actor can do that in even one scene, it's a movie I'll recommend to others.

Same as Tom Hanks' last scene in Captain Phillips. That was so intense to see an actor portray actual overwhelming emotion after the struggle on the ship and being taken captive. There were tears during that one!

Edited by Nicholas Bedford