Batman vs Superman

I know it's too early to tell, but I'm wondering what Zack Snyder is going to do as far as format and camerawork are concerned. The first was lensed by Amir Mokri and shot handheld with PV anamorphics (mostly C-Series with an E180 and an ATZ I believe) But for this film, Syder's regular DP Larry Fong will be the cinematographer. So I wonder what approach they will take. Whenever they've collaborated, they've shot Super 35. So will they go with that? Or 35mm anamorphic? Or digital? I kinda hope they stick with 35mm anamorphic but don't do as much handheld work this time around since we're throwing Batman into the mix and I feel the "documentary look", wont work with him in frame.

• Premium Member

I think Snyder went with anamorphic over Super-35 mainly because Christopher Nolan was producing, so if Nolan is producing the sequel, the same approach may be used. And Larry Fong used anamorphic lenses for "Super-8" remember.

I don't see why a documentary style is somehow less relevant for Batman instead of Superman, most people would think the opposite. Batman, after all, doesn't have super powers and is the more realistic of the two.

• 1 month later...