Today's Office

Tim Tyler

• Premium Member

40º to 45º?! They told me high-20s to mid-30s!

Ha! That's what they want you to believe..

I have spent a couple of summers around Prague and it was very hot.. mid 30s to 40s.

They also happened to be the hottest summers ever in the world :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

We had some workshops with Michael Cioni and the DXL2 here at Panavision Melbourne, first time we've seen the camera in this country. Looks pretty impressive, lots of features specifically tailored for ACs, best EVF I've seen, intuitive menu, 1600 native ISO and the pictures it made were excellent. There's been a lot of thought put into this design.

post-46614-0-41771500-1521766528_thumb.jpg

Sorry for my picture quality, we had very low light levels (even just candlelight at one point) because the camera is so sensitive, and my iphone camera doesn't quite perform as well. :)

post-46614-0-90727100-1521766547_thumb.jpg

One of the most fun aspects was getting to test the multitude of lenses that Panavision have for large format cinematography, including the new Primo Artistes, Primo 70s, T series anamorphics, and vintage lines like the System 65s (from the 90s), Sphero 65s (originally made for MGM in the late 50s and rediscovered a few years ago), Super Panavision 70s (Lawrence of Arabia, My Fair Lady etc) and of course the incredible 1.25x squeeze anamorphic Ultra Panavision 70s used on Ben Hur and reborn for the Hateful Eight and Rogue One.

We also had a T1 Ultra Speed converted for large format; wide open at 1600 native ISO the candles were almost too bright! DOF was ridiculous. The ACs went a bit pale when that one came out.

post-46614-0-99582200-1521768311_thumb.jpg

At least two DXL2s will now stay in Australia as part of the rental fleet, so I'm looking forward to seeing what local filmmakers and crews will do with them.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Shooting with Aaton XTR XC with Kodak Vision3 500T at the Gibraltar Crystal handmade glass factory in Gibraltar for their marketing......(image has notes to myself haha) I'm the one man band behind the camera of course, the BTS was taken by the client....

post-72573-0-05099400-1523614172_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Last Friday's office. Time lapse edition!!

We we're shooting a "Rube Goldberg Machine". Didn't build the entire thing so we shot bits and pieces to edit together to look like it was operational.

Edited by Matt Thomas

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Last two days.

Had great fun working with the Arrihead.. and the Cooke S5i lenses.

Freya would be shocked, knowing that I'm an anti Cooke man hahaha.

I fell in love with the images coming from the Cookes! They are quite beautiful.

DSC02100.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...