BMPCC in CinemaScope

Just a test:

No HD sorry,but it´s just to see the atmosphere can get with this little camera. Too much wide,I´ll have to crop the sides,it´s a little bit ironic,but you know..I like this look.

Testing night,flares (not just the blue streak,looking more for the halos in highlights ), pull focus....I got the way to do double focus,now I can rack focus with anamorphic..I´m happy!

I need another spherical lens for my square front Lomo,the Lumix 20/1.7 looks cool,very sharp for anamorphic,but all f****ing electronics,no way to know focal length.

The last (cat) shot is done with a 30/1.4 full open.

The idea is get a similar look to a 40mm anamorphic of 35mm.

Guest Owen Parker

Nice looking shots Roberto.

How big of a lump do you end up with all that glass on the front of a tiny camera?

Really nice results

Guest Owen Parker

Nice looking shots Roberto.

How big is all that glass on the front of a tiny camera?

The Anamorphic is giving you 2x I guess? So your 1.78 aspect becomes 3.56! Kubrick would be proud of you...

And you are right, the racked focus worked well.

Really nice results

It´s a camera attached to a lens! :lol:

No,the Lomo is heavy (less of 1Kg) but not so big,is short. Still a compact rig.

3.56 is too much. I´ve put marks on the LCD finder to composing like 4:3,so will crop at least to vintage 2.66:1.

Yeah,the rack focus bring me a lot of new possibilities,especially if my intention is shot camera handled or shoulder. Also the s16 sensor is nicely with fast f stops,can get more light without lose to much DOF. f2 looks like f4 or more.

Cheers

Jean-louis,

Thanks for comment.

I´ve the Century...bull s***t lens,can´t understand why people pay $$$$ for those no achromatic lens adapters. Anamorphic is not necessary on digital,it´s all for the look and with these adapters the look is not so cool like an x2 lens.

I know people that prefer use vintage x2 and then crop the sides,that use a new Hawk x1.33.

Isco x1.5 could be a great choice,but still 2m close up and the price! :blink: people get crazy!

Lomo from 1970 is not the best lens,but I have´t $$ to buy rent PV anamorphic.

So what is the Lomo exactly?

Mine is a prime one,35mm T2.5 square front. Can dissemble the rear lens (spheric) and use the front anamorphic block with other lens. I can use until 24mm (APSC) without vignetting for extreme wide angle. (12mm or 14mm in s16) The distortions get too much psychedelic.

Check google,a lot of info about ;)

Cheers

Hi roberto, i really like the footage, has a much more organic than other digital sources texture. Nothing to do with HDSLR, for example.

Hey fella!

You know,I like more film stock,but....

Por eso la compré,es muy diferente al look de las HDSLR. No solo por el rango dinámico,también por como reacciona a la sobreexposición de forma suave,muy parecido al stock (salvando las distancias)

Edited by roberto de la torre

Funny, I have a Century and I don't find it bad.

As do I and I also find it pretty good. It is quite possible they were inconsistent with build quality. The one I have is rather sharp and creates beautiful blue flares. I use it for HD and for Super 8 2sk scanned. Works great.

Roberto, this is some fantastic footage! I noticed that some shots are still a little compressed and could use a little more horizontal stretching... I have been following another topic on another board which discusses the characteristic breathing in anamorhic lenses; I wonder if a degree of that breathing can be fixed by pushing in/out during post while the focus is changing to keep the same angle of view?

Roberto, this is some fantastic footage! I noticed that some shots are still a little compressed and could use a little more horizontal stretching... I have been following another topic on another board which discusses the characteristic breathing in anamorhic lenses; I wonder if a degree of that breathing can be fixed by pushing in/out during post while the focus is changing to keep the same angle of view?

yeah,you are right.

At 1m have less compression,x1.7 or something like this,I think so. In this case squeeze for 1m to get medium shot with no fat faces,but is noticeable it need more horizontal stretching for infinite focus shots.

Pushing in/up in post is a good idea,but the fact is that I really love breathing in anamorphic,it´s another one characteristic of these lens. I don´t want hide it at all.

Could be a good way set up the horizontal stretching for 2m or 3m,a little bit spaghetti people in infinite focus but not so donut faces for close ups. http://www.freakingnews.com/Pictures/3/Donut-Diet.jpg

Owen Parker. I thought you comment about Kubrick was ironic. I think John Carpenter could be more proud than any others. No matter the budget he film,he wanted anamorphic always!

Ok so I REALLY like how this looks! As another post said, would be nice to see some ungraded rushes, also, I'm still not quite grasping the lens side of things..is it just the Lomo lens on the front, or are you using that as a kind of adapter and attaching other lenses to that?? Pics of rig would be interesting to see. Cheers

Ok so I REALLY like how this looks! As another post said, would be nice to see some ungraded rushes, also, I'm still not quite grasping the lens side of things..is it just the Lomo lens on the front, or are you using that as a kind of adapter and attaching other lenses to that?? Pics of rig would be interesting to see. Cheers

ProRes ungraded comparison:

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/6046/7tha.png

The Lomo on front as adapter. Dual focus,left (just my thumb) for Lomo and right hand for prime.

I´m finishing the free hand rig with follow focus. I´ll show you when it´s done.

Cheers