Director's Viewfinder App for Smartphones

Cinematography.com welcomes our newest sponsoring advertiser, the Cadrage Director’s Viewfinder.

This smartphone app enables you to accurately preview the framing of any professional camera.

Cadrage_Android_Formats.png

Extensive format database: Cadrage knows hundreds of professional film and photo camera formats. You can select aspect ratio and shooting mode and choose between zoom and prime lenses. In case you don’t find your camera in the database, you can create custom formats.

• Premium Member

Thanks to Tim's promo code generosity (Thanks Tim) I have the iPhone version of this app.

I really like this app. The interface is well designed, clean & easy to navigate. Among it's

many features are a calibration tool, snapshot capability with notes (great for scouting), and

the ability to select multiple lenses for comparison.

I tested the app against a camera & lens & it was accurate.

Two things I noticed about the app that could be improved are...

1. Would like to see a shortcut for lens selection on the viewfinder screen, like there is for camera

format selection.

2. In the lens selection screen--you change lenses by selecting or deselecting the saved lens choices.

If you deselect a lens, leaving no lens selected, before you select another, the app defaults to the

first lens on the list (a 6mm in this case). So when you choose another lens & return to the

viewfinder screen, you have two lenses selected-the one you chose & the 6mm lens.

These are very minor issues. I have conveyed these issues to the creators & they are going

to look into them. I was impressed by their response time to my communication!

Again, I really like this app, and will use it often!

• 2 months later...

I have some iTunes promo codes for the iPhone version of the app if anyone wants to use it and report back with a short review.

First dibs to Sustaining Members. Send me a PM.

How can I get a promo code for Iphone version of thie app? I really like to try it