RoboCop remake

I loved it. Makes me want to see the original. I know, I know. "How did you not see the original?" Well, my local FYE isn't the best with keeping up with older films that aren't Terminator or Titanic. Did they actually use anamorphic lenses for the few shots in this film that feature anamorphic flares? I know the movie was shot mostly on the Arri Alexa with spherical Primos but while I know you shouldn't always trust them, iMDB says that they used G-Series lenses on one of the shots that used Epic.

He shot the RoboVision POV stuff using Epics in anamorphic, to create a style difference from the regular part of the pic shot on Alexa in spherical (he had always wanted to shoot the POV stuff with Epic, but had intended to shoot film for the rest, but logistics made them go with Alexa, as they'd've had to ship the film away to get processed.)

I've got an article on it for HD VIDEO PRO, but they haven't put it up online yet and I'm not sure when the print issues ships.

He shot the RoboVision POV stuff using Epics in anamorphic, to create a style difference from the regular part of the pic shot on Alexa in spherical (he had always wanted to shoot the POV stuff with Epic, but had intended to shoot film for the rest, but logistics made them go with Alexa, as they'd've had to ship the film away to get processed.) If he had shot on film, would he have shot Super 35 or Anamorphic?

I've got an article on it for HD VIDEO PRO, but they haven't put it up online yet and I'm not sure when the print issues ships.

I've heard that this is better than the official remake of Robocop:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/02/14/robocop_remake_by_fans_is_better_than_new_version_in_theaters_watch_video.html

The remake seems to be getting panned most places and I hadn't even realised it was out till people started mentioning it in passing which is not a good sign.

Freya

He shot the RoboVision POV stuff using Epics in anamorphic, to create a style difference from the regular part of the pic shot on Alexa in spherical (he had always wanted to shoot the POV stuff with Epic, but had intended to shoot film for the rest, but logistics made them go with Alexa, as they'd've had to ship the film away to get processed.)

If he had shot on film, would he have shot Super 35 or Anamorphic? Edited by Reuel Gomez

If he had shot on film, would he have shot Super 35 or Anamorphic?

I'm guessing s35 or straight 35, since he wanted a visual distinction with the RoboVision in anamorphic, regardless of how the rest of the pic was shot. He didn't shoot anamorphic on the ELITE SQUAD movies that brought this director/DP to prominence.

• 2 weeks later...