I'm currently looking in to buying a used Sniper Mkii and just wanted to know other 1st Assistant Camerapersons' opinion of working with it in the field. I haven't been using anything similar to the Sniper. As of now estimating, hard tape, and a laser measurer have been my ways of getting measurements, but to have a unit such as this could be a great asset if caught in bind.

I've had my eye on a few units since May 2013, but I spent a while to research the item. I can't seem to find an answer to one question. Are the display cable, power cable, and accessories(ie. beam splitters and smoke iris) universal from the Mk iii to the Mk ii? I know a lot of technical specs to the Sniper Mk ii, but I'm more interested in fellow ACs' experiences with it.

I'm very weary about purchasing an item I haven't tested in the field, or at least seen in action in the field in person so really any advice on working with this unit, what to look out for, or what to get to utilize this to the fullest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- Ian

• Upvote 1