Lighting A Bathroom Scene at Night

I'm shooting a short in a few weeks. Its takes place entirely in a bathroom and the script is all dialog, fast, witty, dirty.

It's a nice sized bathroom but of course once you stick three people all on the far side of the room it shrinks pretty quickly. My original idea was to put my 7 foot diffuser panel in the door way and shoot a 750 watt light through as an over all fill and on the actor mediums/tights use a kino diva to enhance. Last night I tested out the 750 through the diffuser and it gave a nice light. I'm not sure, I just wondering what everyone else had to say, if anyone had any recommendations.

Shooting light through the windows is out because we are on the second floor of a house with 15 foot ceilings.

As for what equipment I'll be using.

Canon C100

24mm f2

35mm f1.4

50mmf1.4

85mm f1.2

(Trying to get my hands on a 14mm f2.8)

Lowel kit

- 2 250s

- 1 750

- 250 softbox

plus

3x 300 watt open faced lights

3 kino divas

post-61331-0-38338700-1395071433_thumb.jpg

Is it daylight or dark? If it's daylight, you could hang your diva's above the window side, just out of frame. It it's night, you could make more of a toplight. Lighting from the door will look probably look flat in this situation.

If that's a night scene I would say that your best start would be looking for practicals on set and augment them with the fixtures you have.

You definitely put light through windows out of question because you are at a second floor but you can always bounce from the floor to a mirror on a second (or third), floor from the building in front of you. This can add to an extra mood if you light as moonlight for instance, and mix its blue cast with the green shift from usual fluorescent bathroom lights.