Anyone know how much Visual Products charges for CP16R overhaul?

• Premium Member

I received my CP16RP camera package today and it looks a lot better than I was expecting. The motor runs nice and quiet, the out of sync light never comes on except when first starting up or turning off, and the lens looks far sharper than the Angie zoom lens I had before. Also, this camera was one of the last of the CP16s made as it has a half moon shutter and the spot for the video tap. I would prefer now not to sell it for scrap but to make sure it is in good shape and try to shoot my feature with it.

Anyone know how much Visual Products charges to overhaul? I sent them an email but who knows how long it will take them to respond.

You can get a maintenance kit from them to do a very basic overhaul yourself if the camera is basically okay.

(New belts etc)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Parts-Kit-for-Cinema-Products-Cameras-types-CP16-CP16R-/291011111535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c19d2a6f

Freya

Edited by Freya Black

This might be worth a peek. They are claiming that these are the 1200ft mags but I can't really tell from the photos.

Of course it might not be that easy to get 800ft loads out of Kodak these days anyway, you would have to look into it but I'm guessing it could be a special order thing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Vintage-16mm-1200-Film-Magazines-with-Metal-Case-Auricon-Mitchell-NICE-/261219429378?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item3cd1e42c02

Freya

• Premium Member

This might be worth a peek. They are claiming that these are the 1200ft mags but I can't really tell from the photos.

Of course it might not be that easy to get 800ft loads out of Kodak these days anyway, you would have to look into it but I'm guessing it could be a special order thing:

Funny that you should mention these because the camera package came with 3,200 ft of old Fuji stock but it is in 800' loads and with my current setup, I cant shoot it due to only having 400' mags. If I had those, I might reconsider.