Music Video I shot on Red Epic, quite happy with the result but looking for harsh feedback!

I'd love it if someone could give me some feedback on my music video. I'm particularly interested in feedback about the lighting, but I'm also open to criticism about every other aspect as I directed, edited, graded & operated it (basically everything!).

Please be harsh as my film school doesn't provide enough specific feedback and it's quite frustrating.

https://vimeo.com/92735441

• Premium Member

Critiquing things tends to be quite useless as much of it is "artistic choice" which is subjective. Even when people do things that are clearly wrong and get zinged for it, they can always say "I meant to do that." What is important is if you and your clients are happy.

Critiquing things tends to be quite useless as much of it is "artistic choice" which is subjective. Even when people do things that are clearly wrong and get zinged for it, they can always say "I meant to do that." What is important is if you and your clients are happy.

Yeah that is very true. However I'd like to know if anything I've done could've been achieved better, perhaps less 'amateur' or 'film schooly' - I'm always worried that my productions reek of 'student' rather than 'professional'.

There were a few shots that I was worried about while shooting, but couldn't think of how to solve the problem properly at a professional standard so I guess I 'settled' for some shots, so I guess if anyone has any tips to achieve the results more professionally, that'd be very valuable.

Looks good, well framed, maybe overused the effects

Which effect did you use to create that dreamy touch?

If I was you I would use two effects and stick with it. But overall nice result!

Thanks, the dreamy effect was created by using a stocking in front of the lens. Other shots I added it in with a 'mist' filter in davinci.