Breaking up my CP-16 R/P camera kit

• Premium Member

Just got off the phone with Spectra and it looks like my second film test came out okay! So Paul (and those of you on this forum...namely Gregg) helped immensely on fixing this camera before I went and sold it and gave up my dream of shooting on film. It is an HD Prores transfer so I'll get to see it in better quality than SD for once. Doug told me that I may want to consider 200t for interiors instead of 500t (which I used on the test) to minimize grain. I am inclined to agree with him but welcome feedback on the issue.

I can post some content from the test once I get it if anyone is interested.

Thanks again.

@Matthew W P

You're wellcome. Actually there's a handfull of guys that spotted that timing issue I think, I just replied first.

Is this a good moment to insert the idea of making a stunning short rather than a first feature? Especially if you want to shoot it yourself.

• Premium Member

Is this a good moment to insert the idea of making a stunning short rather than a first feature? Especially if you want to shoot it yourself.

I have thought about it. Problem is, the idea I have now cannot be told the way I want to in short form. So I would have to write something else. I suppose I could do that but I have auditions for this film this saturday and a church that is lending me a location (which I was surprised to get since I asked for an insurance waiver but they still granted it) so it would be hard to explain to the people involved at this point. Thank you though for the suggestions and, yes, I have considered it. I could have one heck of a shooting ratio if doing a short.