Need to film inside of a commercial Airplane

• Premium Member

I was once a minor functionary on a shoot at BA's training HQ, which is... eh, somewhere out west of London, in a simulated fuselage. I was a somewhat less minor functionary on a training production for EasyJet, for which we shot on a real 737 at Luton airport. Each evening, we chased the last crew off it, and in the morning were chased off by the next.

If there's the slightest option to do so, always shoot in a mockup. Real, working passenger aircraft, and the tarmac they sit on, are far, far too expensive to sit around being movie sets, and this reality is expressed in a huge degree of inconvenience.

And people will keep stealing the ground power unit, so all the lights keep going out, and then you have to run across the tarmac, chasing the guy towing the thing away, ducking the odd Airbus, and shouting at him to bring it back. And then you need someone who knows how the cockpit works to turn the external power back on. It is most unfun.

P

....And people will keep stealing the ground power unit, so all the lights keep going out, and then you have to run across the tarmac, chasing the guy towing the thing away, ducking the odd Airbus, and shouting at him to bring it back. And then you need someone who knows how the cockpit works to turn the external power back on. It is most unfun.

Real life, as described, sounds like a very fun TV show. I would watch it. Please do it.